Due to the advent and popularity of on-demand streaming platforms, such as Netflix, British people continue to rely on the TV for entertainment. And whether it’s to watch your favourite movies or play the latest games, you need a brand that will give you the best of the best.
While you may think that TV brands are all the same, they have different features that distinguish them from one another. At Electronic World, we stock some of the world’s best TV brands, so take a look below at what you’re getting when you purchase them.
Samsung is a brand from South Korea that has become a true titan of the industry. Many TVs around the world are Samsung, which isn’t surprising considering the amazing functions they offer.
This brand has something very important in common with the other brands we stock: quality. But Samsung is so much more than just a maker of great TVs. The brand’s operating system is called Tizen (or, more accurately, Samsung Smart TV Powered by Tizen) and comes with all the popular streaming apps.
This world-renowned brand has always been innovative and continues to develop new technologies and hardware – the result is TVs with advanced image processing tools and smooth interfaces that stand out from the crowd.
Samsung has several price points. While you can find expensive TVs, especially if we’re talking about 8K TVs, you can also find affordable sets that don’t compromise on quality. In fact, at Electronic World, we stock several Samsung TVs that allow you to watch your favourite entertainment at fantastic prices and always with the best quality. Just check out our Samsung 4K TVs to see for yourself.
What are Samsung TVs Known For?
Besides quality and innovation, Samsung is also known for:
- Tizen – Puts all your apps in a row along the bottom of the home screen and even showcases subcategories, such as Netflix programmes. This allows for a user-friendly way of navigating your smart TV.
- Accessibility – Accessibility is important, as it offers people a great viewing experience; Samsung know that too. Many of their TVs come with a large number of features designed to help those with visual or hearing issues, including Voice Guide, Audio Description, High Contrast mode, Subtitles, and so much more.
- QLED – Samsung’s QLED technology refers to small dots which form a layer in front of the backlight and create the amazing colours so characteristic of Samsung TVs. QLED displays are available in the brand’s high-end sets and creates more vibrant colours and brighter images.
- Bixby – Bixby is Samsung’s voice assistant feature, which can be found in the brand’s mobiles. You can also have Bixby on your TV, however, which allows you to access functions (like volume) with your voice.
- Samsung One Connect Box – Newer Samsung models offer this option, which simplifies cable clutter and allows you to better wall-mount the TV.
This is also a South Korean brand; while it isn’t as big as Samsung, LG has become one of the most popular – and one of the best – TV brands in the world. Its picture performance is difficult to rival, especially as LG TVs are famous for their top-notch OLED screens.
Some high-end LG TVs are still incredibly expensive, but the brand offers several price points that start out very affordable. For instance, you can browse our LG 4K TVs range to see what we’re talking about – you can get an LG set with a fantastic image at a great price.
Its OLED technology, which stands for Organic Light Emitting Diode, is different from LED and LCD screens, and offers users unmatched quality, especially in dark spaces.
When it comes to performance, gamers will be happy with an LG set, since the low input lag and fast response time of the brand’s TVs allows for a one-of-a-kind experience.
What Are LG TVs Known For?
LG TVs are known for many things, primarily their high quality, but they also offer the following features:
- OLED – As mentioned, LG is famous for its OLED panels, which they manufacture for other brands too. This technology ensures better contrast, higher brightness, a wider colour range and faster refresh rates.
- WebOS – LG’s operating system, WebOS also showcases apps at the bottom of the screen and, with its Magic Motion remote, you can simply move the cursor by pointing the remote at the screen. LG launched an open-source WebOS platform for people to collaborate and create more apps.
- Rollable TV – Another thing LG is famous for is its roll-up model, which can be tucked away when the TV is not in use. Of course, this TV is incredibly expensive, so it may be out of reach for a lot of people. Still, it’s interesting to see how the brand continues to innovate and create products for a variety of budgets. In the meantime, why not check out our cheap OLED TVs and benefit from this technology without having to break the bank.
- LG ThinQTM – Allows you to control key features of your LG TVs (as well as of your LG appliances) from your phone. A future-ready open platform that integrates with different LG products.
The name ‘Sony’ is recognised around the world and for good reason. The brand may not be as dominant as it used to it, but it’s still a heavyweight in the TV industry. Sony offers great motion handling and colour accuracy, as well as fantastic picture quality, so you can’t go wrong with a Sony set.
The brand’s high-quality TVs, including Sony 4K TVs, are sought-after by many who wish to own a television from such a reputable brand.
Sony, a Japanese brand, aim to offer only the best possible products to their customers, so it has become one of the biggest names in TV technology. Sony is also popular in the world of cinema, so you can be confident that they know what they’re doing when it comes to screens.
The brand has been synonymous with quality for a very long time and, even though other brands are also developing innovative TV technology, Sony can easily compete with them.
What are Sony TVs Known For?
Sony is popular around the world and their TVs are known for:
- Dolby Vision – A high dynamic range (HDR) format, which offers vibrant colours, higher brightness and darker darks. This works together to create a remarkable picture quality.
- Android TV – Sony’s operating system, which also runs on mobile. It’s a very powerful system; it provides a wealth of app suggestions and you can keep scrolling down for more.
- OLED – Sony also provide OLED displays on their TVs. If you’re looking for an outstanding image that presents better contrast and brightness, as well as bright colours and high refresh rates, then OLED is the right option for you.
- Google Assistant – When you purchase a Sony TV, you can also get built-in support for Google Assistant via a microphone in the remote, which lets you play the content you want to watch (be it a movie or a show) and control the TV, simply by using your voice.
- X1 Extreme Processor – This processor allows Sony to easily incorporate OLED panels on their TVs with great contrast, so you can expect a fantastic picture at all times.
Panasonic have a large market base around the world and has only grown in strength in the past few years. They have been developing new technologies lately, especially when it comes to their picture quality, as they strive to create the closest thing to a cinematic experience.
So, capable of delivering high-quality products for both mid-range and high-end users, Panasonic is often purchased due to its cinematic displays, which can feature OLED panels as well as high-contrast output, accurate colour mapping and HDR format support.
Panasonic TVs come with many features and have varying prices, so they should certainly be considered if you’re on the lookout for cheap 4K TVs.
What are Panasonic TVs Known For?
While many people prefer Samsung or LG, the Japanese brand is still popular for several reasons:
- Variety – Because Panasonic have been around for so long, they have built up an impressive selection of TVs, perfect for a wide range of clients. Whether you’re looking for smaller or bigger TVs, want a smart TV or want a specific screen (from LED to OLED), Panasonic has what you’re looking for.
- Dolby Vision IQ – This technology is designed to improve your viewing experience. Your favourite movies and shows, as well as your games, will look great in any space, no matter the time of day or the lighting. Dolby Vision IQ will, therefore, create a better picture.
- Filmmaker Mode – This feature will let you watch movies just like filmmakers intended you to. Amongst other things, the mode sets the correct frame rate and aspect ratio and adjusts colour and contrast as needed, which means you don’t have to tweak the image all the time.
- HCX PRO Intelligent Processor – Newer Panasonic OLED TVs are powered by this processor, which contributes to a truly cinematic experience. It analyses the colour, contrast and clarity of your content and optimises it to give you the best picture.
We stock some of the world’s best brands at Electronic World, so you can find great cheap smart TVs (and just cheap TV deals in general) with us. Just contact us today with your queries and we’ll be happy to help.